New Opportunities for LCA Students at Asbury University

Dr. Kevin Brown, President of Asbury University, and Dr. Scott Wells, Head of School at LCA announce a new partnership between the two schools.

On September 9, Head of School Dr. Wells and Asbury University President Kevin Brown held a press conference to announce an exciting new partnership between the two schools. Students can now attend Asbury for the same tuition as their senior year at LCA. This is a significant price decrease, giving students and families a more cost-effective option than previously available. In addition, LCA will be offering dual-credit classes for students to take through Asbury University. Dr. Scott Wells said, “We are excited to partner with Asbury University to expand a variety of opportunities for our students and faculty. Working together, our students will be nurtured and equipped to fulfill God’s calling on their lives through Christ centered education.” Asbury President Dr. Kevin Brown added, “Asbury University is honored to provide tuition-match, dual credit as well as other benefits to the community at LCA. We look forward to continuing the great education and spiritual formation that these students have received from their time at LCA when they choose Asbury University for their college experience.”

Both school leaders noted that LCA and Asbury share a common mission to offer world class, Christ- centered education. Both school wanted to give students an opportunity to transition from high-school to college smoothly in a Christian environment.  This is a sentiment that LCA teacher Robyn Iler shared. She stated “It is a great opportunity for students to attend a quality school at a good price.” With Asbury’s close proximity to LCA, many students who live in the Jessamine County area could live at home as well. This would significantly cut costs, as they would not have to pay room and board. This opportunity is one that students will definitely have to consider with the combination of price and religion. As the dual credit offerings increase, students ultimately could be able to start their freshman year with credits. The ultimate goal is that students will be able to leave LCA with an associates degree.