The Start of a New Year

The Start of a New Year

January 17, 2020

2020: A Year of New Beginnings

2020: A Year of New Beginnings

There is buzz around the hallways of Lexington Christian Academy as a new decade, year, and semester has begun. Most people make a New Year’s resolutions or goals for the year. While they are rarely kept, they are made with good intentions to hopefully have some self improvement. Almost everyone wants to be a better person and there is no better time to start then the beginning of the year.

Since the 2010’s are over, it is time for self reflection and to look back on the previous years, look for growth and improvement, and think about the things that have been done  right and wrong. It is also a time to look forward and make plans for the future. Sophomore Elijah Hammond has high hopes for the new year. He says “I hope that LCA’s administration can better understand and communicate with LCA students, and I hope to improve myself as a person and athlete this year.” Senior Nathan Maggard started the new year in Poland, and he said that he “hopes to get smarter and prepare himself for college this year, as well as do new things and expand his interests”. Sophomore Cole Ginter is excited for the new year as well and hopes to “improve his GPA and succeed on the baseball field and in the weight room.”