Lessons from the Good Samaritan

Spencer Gibson, videographer

Lessons from the Good Samaritan

Dusty Bailey from Southland Christian Church speaks to students from the parable of the Good Samaritan.

This week’s Chapel service began with worship led by new Spiritual Life Director Justan Borth. Chaz Crawford, 12, and Choir Director Daniel Wesley assisted Justan during this time. After introducing students to a new worship song and leading them in a more familiar one, Justan introduced College Counselor Mr. Palmer to talk about the upcoming DanceBlue event. Mr. Palmer  gave his first hand account of participating in the 24- DanceBlue marathon at the University of Kentucky. He mentioned that it was an amazing way to get involved and support a great cause: research into a cure for children’s cancer. Riley Fairchild, 12, described her experience with DanceBlue at LCA.  “I love DanceBlue. It is one of my favorite events of the year. Everyone is in a great mood and its awesome to raise money for cancer.” Chapel ended with a sermon was given by Dusty Bailey, the Students’ Pastor at Southland Christian Church.. He focused on the parable of the Good Samaritan and used it to show how much Jesus loves us and wants us to love others.  Senior Aaron Abrahamson appreciated the lesson. He said “I liked chapel because of the way Dusty connected the good Samaritan to Jesus.” The service ended with a closing in prayer by Dusty and a round of applause.