Honor Societies Welcome New Members

Honor Societies Welcome New Members

Sam Tipton, 12, receives his certificate from the Beta Club officers during the induction ceremony on Oct. 30.

The two largest honor societies in the high school inducted new members this month. Beta Club inducted 24 new members in the Media Center on Thursday October 31. National Honor Society held a more formal ceremony to induct its new members the evening before. Both clubs wanted to induct new members in the fall so that seniors could take advantage of club membership on their college applications.  

Jesse Adams, 10, liked the more relaxed fall ceremony. “It was a lot better in the library, it was less overwhelming. the teacher Mrs. Iler makes sure the ceremonies aren’t too long which is a very good.” The ceremony lasts less than 30 minutes and there’s always snacks provided afterwards. This years snacks was with the theme of Halloween. Jessie Adams, 10 said “it was the snack this year was a lot better than a snack last year I really enjoyed it.” 

Freshmen were not eligible to be inducted to either club this fall.  Beta Club will hold another induction in February for freshmen.  National Honor Society does not induct students until their sophomore year.