A Surprise for BTW Scholars

A Surprise for BTW Scholars

Theater Club is putting on a show for Booker T. Washington’s students this year. After the show, students are going to hand out goody baskets to the young scholars. Student Body Chaplain Abby Whitaker is working out the dates, but it will be before Halloween. 

The scholars, as students from Booker T. Washington Elementary are known, are coming to LCA as a field trip to see the theater club’s performance of “Hotel Transylvania.” They do not know that they will get a special surprise when it’s over. Abby Whitaker, 12, said “the goal is to show the kids they are loved”. Many of them have had a hard life and the point of this service project is to show these kids love and make sure they have fun. 

This service project was inspired by the students who wanted to help Theater Club and the students who want to help the kids at Booker T Washington. More information about this trip can be found in the office or through Abby Whitaker. She said “I am expecting a good outcome”.  

This is the second service project that Abby has organized since becoming Chaplain.  When she was running for the office, she made this one of her goals.  She thinks it is important for students to have the joy of serving others.