GlobalNext’s England Trip 2019

GlobalNext’s England Trip 2019

On September 21, a group of students from all grades boarded a plane to England. They stayed for a week through a leadership program called GlobalNext. A group of students from Florida joined those from LCA as part of the program as well. The group traveled to Oxford, London, Stonehenge, and Stratford-upon-Avon. 

Global Next is a leadership program that works with Christian schools. Students can apply to go and if accepted they can study in a different country for a week. On the England trip, the students stayed in St. Anthony’s, which is one of Oxford’s many colleges. They slept, studied, and ate in the same places Oxford students do. In addition to all the sightseeing, shopping, and free time the students attend a class once or twice a day. In the classes, Dr. Phil Johnson, the founder and head of GlobalNext, teaches how to be a leader and make the most of every opportunity. Freshman Laurel Setzer said, “Everything I learned in the classes were things that I could benefit from and apply to my everyday life.”

Many students go on multiple Global Next trips, because they enjoy them so much. Laural Setzer said, “It was so much fun learning new experiences where I was able to step outside of my comfort zone.” Junior Maya Smither enjoyed the opportunity to get to know others better. She said “I love how you meet so many fun new people.” While students miss a lot of school, they say it is not too overwhelming. Freshman Jordan Smither says that teachers “have all been very understanding when it comes to due dates.” 

Next year LCA is participating in two of the Global Next trips. One is to Israel and the other is to Greece. The Global Next trips are a lot of work, but are most definitely worth it. Students can go to the office or go talk to Mr. Marshall, the middle school principal if you have any questions or want more information about the upcoming trips.