First Official Chapel of the Year Features Pastor Ray Green

Pastor Ray Green of Immanuel Baptist Church speaks at the first official Chapel of the school year.

Wednesday September 4 marked the first regular Chapel service of the year. Despite ongoing issues with the power in the chapel, the students gathered for a time of praise and listening to encouragement from God’s Word. The pastor from Immanuel Baptist Church will be filling in for the next three weeks, while the school still searches for a new Spiritual Life Director.  Pastor Ray Green spoke to students about struggles in life and going through rough times. He reminded them that God is with them and will help them weather the storm.  In fact, God can even use the hard times in life for His purposes.  Pastor Green emphasized Psalms 9:9 which says “The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed and a stronghold in times of trouble.”

Students can be skeptical about Chapel, but they seemed pleased with this service. Aaron Abrahamson, 12, said “chapel was inspirational and it changed his life.” Senior Riley Fairchild added, “I like chapel better so far than last year.” Most of all the students were glad to see progress on the technical difficulties, and they still hope for better lighting to come. Zeke Grier, 12, said ” I am thankful that the lights got fixed.”