Introducing The New Principal

Introducing The New Principal

Principal Wells greets Matthew Maggard, 10, before the interview.

Elijah Hammond

Elijah Hammond

Elijah Hammond

Dr. Scott Wells is the new principal this year. He has spent his whole teaching and school career in public schools, but has felt God calling him to be in a Christian setting now. He is glad to be able to talk to students freely about faith, as well as to help them grow as Christ followers. Dr. Wells is excited to meet and talk to new students and build relationships with them.

Dr. Wells has an open door policy and students can talk to him any time, even as they see him in the hallways.  Any students who want to get input from or give it to the administration can talk to him and Coach Galloway specifically. They can also talk to the student council members.

Dr Wells really got to know a lot of the seniors this year at senior retreat. He enjoyed the retreat so much because of the nice weather and the fun competitions and conversations. It was a good time to just getting to interact with the students. Going forward, he strives for excellence and build the school culture around Colossians 3:23-24. This passage says, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” With this verse in mind, he hopes to help students achieve excellence in the classroom, on the field, and in their walk with Christ.

Serving as the high school principal takes a lot of time and energy.  When he gets away from school, Dr. Wells is a passionate traveler. He spent time in Europe and loves the culture there.  He has taken many trips to New York at past schools and plans to join our seniors this year on their trip also. He also loves to play tennis. One way he relieves stress is playing tennis and bonding with his family through the sport.

Dr. Wells is very excited to get to know each and every student and hopes that he can make a real impact in our lives.