Filed under Entertainment

‘Engame’ Masterpiece

The 22nd movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Phase 3 movie series just came out, and this one has possibly outshone all of the others. Avengers: Endgame is a culmination of all the superheroes in the MCU, and it truly accomplishes the task of ending every story that has been told in phase 3. It also beginns the stories that will continue into phase 4. The major characters include Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, the Incredible Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Spiderman, Doctor Strange, Thanos, and many other heroes that have appeared throughout all 22 movies.

The plot of the movie follows the remaining Avengers along an adventure through time to retrieve the infinity stones before Thanos can get them for himself. They go in groups to each point in time where they know that the infinity stones have been, and they all have to overcome adversity and challenges to get the stones. Their goal is to get the stones, make their own gauntlet, and use the gauntlet to get back all of the Avengers that were lost when Thanos snapped his fingers for the first time.

Many people at LCA have already seen the movie and they all have had a lot to say about it. Senior Will Frye said, “It is easily one of the best Marvel movies ever made, and it by far had one of the best scenes in movie history.” Senior Bible Teacher Jason Seamands has not seen the movie, but he had this to say about it, “I have not seen it, and I don’t plan on it. I tend to stick to reality and live my life as it is now.” JT Sparks, 12, went to see the movie the night it came out. His response to the movie was, “It changed my outlook on all of the MCU movies. Endgame was perfect.” Endgame is a combination of triumph and sorrow, joy and suffering, life and death, cliffhangers and closure, but most of all, it is a masterpiece. I’ll leave you with a direct quote from the movie that culminates all of the MCU in four words, “I am Iron Man.”

About the Writer
Conor Harrison, Staff Writer

Conor Harrison is a 4’15" red shirt senior who has many scholarships to join teams for Division I hot dog eating contests. He plays basketball and is...