Filed under News

The End Is In Sight

The End Is In Sight

As the school year is officially coming to a close, it is time for everyone to buckle up and get ready. At the end of the year many students are tempted to slump around in class and give up academically, because it is the end of the year. “Summer is almost here and people want to relax, but this is not the time to relax,” according to  Zeke Grier, 11. This is the time when students need to put in the most effort and keep good grades. Next week is the seniors’ last week and can be a scary thought for many of them. AP testing starts this week and many other important grades are soon to be recorded.  This means that there is a lot of stress on students and their nerves may become worn.

This can be one of the more emotional taxing weeks of their lives, but once it is over, they truly can relax. This is especially true for seniors, as they look forward to the upcoming Sandlot Series. The Sandlot Series has been a  favorite tradition for seniors, and many of the underclassman are anxiously await the time they can participate. As the Carter Hendricksen, Class of 2018, says that “the Sandlot was easily one of my favorite memories at LCA and I wish he could do it again.” This upcoming Sandlot series is going to be a heck of a Sandlot with a lot of laughs and smiles as its the last time many seniors will be together. Other than the Sandlot Series for seniors, underclassman have the summer to look forward to, but they still need to finish the year strong and on a high note. Aaron Abrahamson, 11, says he “Knows that it’s going to be hard but if I push hard for the final weeks I know the reward is going to be so much better than the failure.” This is good encouragement for everyone who is stressing over school. Push hard and finish out the school year because it’s almost over.

About the Writer
Jacob Goins, Staff Writer

Jacob Goins, more commonly known as Jerry or Jare-Bear, is a junior. He plays basketball, corn hole, and competitive rock-paper-scissors. He is a whopping...