Senior Chapel Leaves Striking Legacy

Senior Chapel Leaves Striking Legacy

Jacob Santrock, Bethany Selby, and Blane Hardin play Jeopardy for Senior Chapel.

High school students of all grade levels have patiently awaited this year’s Senior Chapel. Each year, every senior class is given the privilege to plan and produce their own version of chapel. In the past, this has looked like award ceremonies where recipients are various senior students. Students have often in the past created a version of the game show “Jeopardy”, where students dress up as different teachers and mock their personalities.

Initially, the class of 2019 was only awarded 15 minutes of their own performance. This outraged many seniors as they view this chapel as a privilege and right given to every outgoing class. After several discussions and meetings with the office, the seniors got what they wanted.

This year was no exception to the silliness. The entire chapel revolved around Jeopardy, where the participants were Mr. Perkins, played by Jacob Santrock, Jack Barron, played by Bethany Selby, and an old man played by Blane Hardin. Each senior hilariously and accurately caricatured each role.

Between every series of questions, the show went to “commercial breaks” in which students performed hilarious skits depicting aspects of LCA that all students could relate to.

One commercial break involved poking fun at the weekly worship team who leads chapel every week. Gabe Smith dressed up as Chaplain Adam Ray, while Chase Sacca depicted the piano leader Kevin, along with Will Frye playing Nate on guitar. The three sang “In The Eye of the Storm”, a chapel classic. The trio let out a loud and boisterous performance, making the crowd roar in laughter and applause.

Next on the schedule came the annual Senior video, created by class president Cate Crosbie. The 10 minute walk down memory lane included all seniors in photos from various events, including Senior trip, Prom, and even Preschool.

The witty and entertaining time came to a close as the 2019 class revealed their yearbook dedication recipient: Mrs. Koett. Seniors rose to their feet as Mrs. Koett received a lovely bouquet of flowers and gift bag.

It is safe to say all grade levels and teachers enjoyed this year’s senior chapel.

Junior Dustin Wheatley stated, “I thought it was a good meme”.

Will Frye, who participated in a few skits, says, “It was a rockin’ time!”

Even iconic Economics teacher Mr. Merz had pleasant remarks in regards to the comparison of this year’s senior chapel and those from the past. “I enjoyed it, it was the most organized chapel we have had”.

The upcoming 2020 graduating class will have trouble topping such an excitable and hilarious senior chapel. Their next task at hand: graduating!