Students Enjoy Prom As the School Year Winds Down

Principal Mr. Matthews poses with Prom King and Queen Samuel Martin and Katherine Childers.

The 2019 prom has come and gone, and it was a hit for LCA students. This year’s prom was held on Saturday April 13, at the Signature Club in Landsowne. The theme this year was “Timeless” and it will most definitely be remembered by the students that attended. For juniors prom is new and exciting, and for seniors it is somewhat bittersweet. Junior Mays Grasso stated that prom was “unforgettable. Definitely one of the best school dances I’ve been to yet.” Prom is an event in high school that everyone looks back at, and LCA prom will be a great memory to look back on later in life and remember all the amazing times. Senior J.T. Sparks commented that “Prom was amazing; it was the best dance we’ve ever had. It was kind of bittersweet because it is our last dance in high school.” Prom is a tradition that really gives students a real high school experience. Dressing up, and taking pictures with all your friends is always fun to do, because that’s about the only time you will catch high schoolers in full length formal dresses and tuxes. Senior Conor Harrison said that “Prom was interesting this year. It was my first time going to prom, I only went for 30 mins but for the time I was there, the music was really good, and everyone seemed to be having fun. Overall it was a success.” For juniors, next year cannot come soon enough, but for seniors this was their last big high school event, besides graduation, of course.