Prepping for Prom

Prepping for Prom

Julia Lawson, Writer

Flowers are blooming, the sun is coming out, and Graduation is just around the corner! It’s that time of the year- this particular season is usually associated with warm weather, baseball, and Prom!

With all the hubbub of the musical and Spring Break being next week you would think the students might have forgotten the upperclassmen- only dance. But that is not the case with these LCA juniors and seniors!

The girls have already started up a group chat where they have sent their dresses to prevent anyone from buying the same one. It seems like simple dresses in bright colors are all the rage this season.

Multiple people have already been asked. Senior Caleb Harper asked fellow Senior Cate Crosbie wearing a MAGA hat and carrying a poster that said “Make Prom Great Again”.  When asked, he said he liked the idea because it was “funny and relatable.”

Choir member Jack Barron asked Alto Peyton Wortz on Wednesday with a sign saying, “IRISH you would go to Prom with me”, alluding to the Mixed Chamber Choir Trip to Ireland.

LCA’s Prom is not just limited to LCA students. Senior Camden Alcorn is taking a friend from church, saying, “I decided to ask Faith Cheathan because I wanted to get to know her better, and what better way to do that than prom with a bunch of friends?”

Prom will be held at the Signature Club on April 13th. The theme this year is “Timeless” with colors being navy, gold, and taupe. Tickets are now on sale for $25 and can be purchased  in Mrs. Holmes’ office or at lunch.

This year, the faculty has started a new way to check girl’s dresses. Instead of checking them at the door, girls have the option to send a photo of the back and front of their dress to get it pre-approved. This way the girls will not have to feel embarrassed if their dress does not meet the guidelines and will still have time to fix their dress to meet certain qualifications. This new system was created after many students asked if there was a better way to do dress checks. It is encouraging to see our students come up with their own ideas and help inspire change at our school.

That’s all the information for now! It seems clear the students are anxiously waiting for the big day!