Ellie Woodward Recognized as Artist of the Month

A recent creation by Ellie Woodward, 11. The January Artist of the Month.

For the month of January, Ellie Woodward, 11, has been named Artist of the Month. Artist of the Month is a title designed to recognize and highlight a certain student’s art pieces.  Art teacher Mrs. Cranfill personally selects each artist and give the student the credit and acknowledgement he or she so rightfully deserve. Ellie has been taking art classes since freshman year, but she has been doing art her whole life.  Currently, she is enrolled in Independent Study Art, which gives her the opportunity to pursue her own individual interests. Students may recognize one of her more recent pieces that was on display in front of the chapel.  It is a broken violin with geodes on the inside. Currently, it has been moved from the Chapel display to the CBO.

Ellie was originally supposed to be the December Artist of the Month, but her violin piece was not quite done yet. While Ellie says that she is not interested in pursuing a career in art, she will continue to express herself creatively throughout her life.  “I like art because it allows me to enjoy things I otherwise cannot express vocally.”

LCA has many talented artists, who’s artwork is remarkable. Ellie will go on to finish art with Mrs. Cranfill throughout her high school career.  Students can look forward to seeing more of her work in future displays of student artists.