Filed under Showcase

High School Suffers Break-In

High School Suffers Break-In

The High School was broken into in the early hours of Monday January 7. The suspect attempted to break the glass doors into the front office.

Jacob Goins

Jacob Goins

Jacob Goins

There have been many rumors floating around school that there was a break-in over this past weekend. Those are only half true as there was a break-in, but it was on Monday morning and not this weekend. “Lexington Christian Academy was the victim of a commercial burglary,” says Detective Eddie Hart, the school resource officer. It occurred on late Monday morning. An unknown male was attempting to enter the school by pulling on all the exterior doors, and he eventually gained access. After he got in to the school, he tried to enter many classrooms and offices, but the doors were locked. At around 5:30 AM, the suspect used an object to break the glass to the high school office’s doors, so he could enter. The school is currently in the process of looking for anything that was stolen. No computers or tablets were stolen, so the motive for the burglary is unclear. The only item taken that was traceable was used at a Lowe’s Home Improvement store near the school. Lexington Police are currently in the process of obtaining and reviewing video of the transaction. Detective Hart also said, “The suspect kept his face concealed with baggy clothing while on LCA property, but then was photographed by Lowe’s without it, so we feel it will be possible to identify and prosecute the person responsible.  If caught, the suspect will face charges of Burglary and Criminal Mischief.”

Students have been curious about the incident since seeing the broken glass on the door to the high school office. Because of the ongoing investigation, not much information has been available and so rumors have spread. It has also caused some students to think about their safety at the school. Chase Widmer, 11, voiced the feelings of many students when he commented, “I hope the suspect is caught soon.”

About the Contributors
Conor Harrison, Staff Writer

Conor Harrison is a 4’15" red shirt senior who has many scholarships to join teams for Division I hot dog eating contests. He plays basketball and is...

Jacob Goins, Staff Writer

Jacob Goins, more commonly known as Jerry or Jare-Bear, is a junior. He plays basketball, corn hole, and competitive rock-paper-scissors. He is a whopping...