My Passion Experience

My Passion Experience

Erin Oliver, Editor

The 2019 Passion Conference will be something impossible for me to forget. I have never experienced worship or Christ in that way before, and it helped me view stories I had grown up reading and listening to in a new and more relatable light. No matter where you are in your walk with Christ, Passion will transform your heart. Anyone wishing for a more authentic faith would be blessed from going.

The worship was probably my favorite aspect of the conference. In all honesty, worship is not my most favorite aspect of a church service. Passion transformed my take on worship. Because everyone is so engaged and focused, the worship meant so much more than I have experienced at church or chapel. I paid much more attention to the lyrics of each song which resonated with me and allowed me to pertain to my own life and faith. I was given the opportunity to hear singers I had grown up listening to, like David Crowder and Kari Jobe. Each performance was usually a different genre of music from the previous performance, which brought a fresh variety to the songs. Each note was sung with purpose and assurance, making me feel especially connected with God.

Each speaker brought their own unique sermon, yet all sessions seemed to beautifully mold together. It was apparent that all the speakers cared so deeply for the next generation and believed wholeheartedly in the mission of Passion. They all used scripture to back up their points, and brought clarity to many of this generation’s biggest issues. My favorites were Louie Giglio and Christine Caine. Louie spoke major truths, giving the audience tools to deal with the issues of anxiety, divorce, and teen suicide. Christine motivated me to find God’s purpose for my life and run with it, not waiting another minute. Each session holds a special place in my heart.

Lastly, the atmosphere was unexplainable. This was nothing like church or chapel, because everyone there had chosen and paid to be there. Each person was searching for a stronger walk with the Lord and it definitely showed. The audience cheered constantly and could not have been more joyful. It gave me a deep sense of hope that this generation is going to be okay with that many college students convicted and on fire for Christ. I would not be shocked if heaven looked very similar to the Infinite Energy Arena during worship.

I am so grateful I was able to experience Passion. I did not know much about it going in, and was not expecting what I experienced. I was reminded how crucial it is to have specific time set apart for God. I felt extremely motivated to serve more and think outside of myself, all while pursuing a deeper faith. My desire is for every young person to experience this conference and reflect on what God’s purpose is for them. After experiencing Passion, it is impossible for anyone to say God is not who He says He is!