Filed under Sports

Holy War

Holy War

It's a white out as the student section shows out in force for the rivalry game against Catholic.

Last night, The Eagles and the Knights went head-to-head, in a nail-biting basketball game. Each student section was packed to the brim, all chanting and rooting for their team. Luke Wedding led the Knights with 17 and Will Hacker

Will Hacker, 12, shoots over the player from Catholic to score early in the game. Will was the leading scorer in the game with 22 points.

lead the Eagles with 22. Each team played great defense, with the Eagles playing a zone and then moving to a man-to-man, whereas the Knights played a 3-2 zone all night. Each team had a turnover problem with sloppy passing. The game was neck and neck for the first half, with each team trading leads and ties. At the beginning of the third, the Knights took an early 7-point lead, only for the Eagles to respond with a 13-0 run and take a 35-29. After keeping the lead for the rest of the third quarter and for most of the fourth quarter the Eagles began to settle. Instead of staying aggressive and driving the Eagles began to slow it down and started to turn the ball over. Instead of stepping on the gas and putting the Knights away, the Eagles let the Knights back into the game. To top off the turnovers, the Eagles were miserable at the free-throw line, going 1-6 in the last 30 seconds. With 25 seconds left the Eagles missed two free throws and Ben Johnson from the Knights made the game tying layup with 11 seconds and The Eagles missed the game winning three as the clock expired sending the game to overtime. Overall, it was a highly entertaining game for everyone, and we will see Catholic again to redeem ourselves in February.

About the Writers
Grace Hager, Staff Writer

Grace is a junior and in her 11th year at LCA.  She participates in many extra curricular activities, including tennis.  She has played on the varsity...

Gabe Smith, Staff Writer

Weighing at 5'8, 165 pounds Senior Gabe Smith is the man for all things movie and sports related. With a passion for laughter and speaking the truth Gabe...