Filed under News, Uncategorized

Testing Day for Underclassmen Leads to Fun-Filled Morning for Seniors

On October 10, LCA participated in the nationwide Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test, also known as PSAT. The test is designed to help students gauge how well they will perform on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) that students generally take during their junior and senior years.  This is one of two standardized tests that colleges often consider when making decisions about admitting students.  The PSAT is also the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test.  While the official test is only for juniors, LCA has freshman and sophomores take it as well, so that they will have a better idea of what to expect when they take the official test.  As a result, all freshmen through juniors took the test on October 10.  Only the seniors did not test that day.  This gave them a unique opportunity. They had the chance to go with high school Spiritual Life Director Adam Ray, otherwise known as A-Ray, to Malibu Jacks for two hours, or they could stay home. Malibu Jacks is an indoor family fun park with go-karts, bowling, laser tag, miniature golf, motion theatre, virtual reality, arcade, and more. It recently opened a new location on Nicholasville Road, near LCA.  This location has all the attractions listed above, while the original one only had miniature golf, go-karts, and an arcade. Out of 113 seniors, twenty-six attended the fellowship-building event. Senior Miles Houk was one of them.  In describing how much seniors enjoyed the event, he said, “With every single go-kart race, the amount of times I was convinced that A-Ray was going to get kicked out increased exponentially.” In addition to their lively activities, the group also had a chance to get to know one another better. The day began with breakfast, a devotional, and a team-building exercise. Then, at 9:30 AM, the students left for their day of fun and fellowship. While every student had a terrific time, A-Ray may have had the best time, kicking everyone’s butts in go-kart racing.

About the Writer
Meela Mingua, Staff Writer

Meela Mingua is a senior. Along with writing for the newspaper staff, she participates in tennis, track and field, book club, poetry club, and theatre club. She is looking to attend Transylvania University and major in Creative Writing.